On June 13, 2023, the General Assemblyg of Members of CFA Society Poland elected a new Board of Directors for a 3-year term. The President and the Board members will be responsible for developing the professional organization comprised of financial professionals holding the prestigious international CFA title.
Following the decision of the members of CFA Society Poland, a 7-member Board of Directors was elected from the candidates running in this year's elections. The Audit Committee was also elected and expanded by one member for this term.
- Prof. Krzysztof Jajuga was re-elected as the President of the Board of Directors of the CFA Society Poland. The following individuals were elected to serve as Board Members:
- Przemysław Barankiewicz, CFA, Branch Director, Finax
- Ludmiła Falak-Cyniak, CFA, PRM, President of the Board, Aegon PTE
- Bartosz Pawlowski, CFA, Vice President and Chief Investment Officer, mTFI
- Piotr Polanowski, CFA, Managing Partner, Synerga+
- Beata Sax, CFA, Vice President, Investors TFI; Chairman of the Board of the Chamber of Fund and Asset Managers (IZFiA)
- Piotr Sieradzan, PhD, CFA, Advocacy Chair, CFA Society Poland
In addition to Andrzej Soldek, PhD, CFA, and Anna Depko, CFA, Piotr Żochowski, CFA, ACCA, joined the Audit Committee of the CFA Society Poland.
The Board's responsibilities include representing the local CFA community in CFA Institute, developing and implementing a strategy that aligns with the profile and organizational culture of CFA Institute, and collaborating with other entities in the financial sector.
The CFA Society Poland's primary objective is to support its members' professional and ethical development and improve the quality of financial services in the Polish market. Other goals include:
- Cooperation with financial professionals globally
- Supporting members in their career development
- Integrating the financial community
- Influencing the shape of the investment industry, creating and disseminating best practices
- Promoting ethical activities in the financial market
- Undertaking financial education initiatives for various social groups
- Working towards the development of the financial market and establishing new professional standards
"I am very pleased with the development of our association in recent years. We are seen as a professional financial association in our country and the most important strategic partner of CFA Institute in Central and Eastern Europe. I am extremely pleased that two Fellows, Ludmila and Beata, have joined the Board, which confirms the diversity of our association. We intend to continue our activities in the key areas of ethics, education, professional improvement, and integration of members," said Prof. Krzysztof Jajuga, President of CFA Society Poland.
CFA Society Poland currently represents over 700 CFA-degreed professionals and approximately 1,000 candidates undertaking the challenging CFA Program.
CFA Society Poland is one of 160 local CFA Institute societies worldwide. CFA Institute celebrated its 75th anniversary in 2022, marking an important milestone in the history of the global professional organization. Since its founding in 1947, CFA Institute has established itself as a leader in investment and financial management, striving to raise ethical, educational, and professional standards in the industry. Over the course of these 75 years, CFA Institute has become a global force, influencing the shaping of financial markets and the direction of professional development for hundreds of thousands of professionals around the world.
12 MAJ 2023 | PIĄTEK
The Ordinary General Assembly of Members of CFA Society Poland (June 2023)