Ethics. Trust. Leadership. More than ever we need those virtues in our modern world in order to support growth and the so-called conscious capitalism and to build balanced economic systems. The process however is long-standing and requires a lot of commitment and work within the financial community of a given area.
CFA Society Poland has been striving to integrate the financial community for over a decade now. We organise seminars, host conferences and panel debates, but from September 2019 we want to achieve even more by launching our first mentoring program.
Mentorship is based on an one-on-one relationship of two professionals. Mentors share their invaluable experience and present mentees with a unique take on knowledge, skills, successes and some downfalls. In our program, mentees are meant to be more than just passive recipients of this information. CFA Society Poland encourages the relationship to be built on a transgenerational interchange between two strong business personalities.
Who can join the program?
CFA Society Poland’s original mentoring program is dedicated to CFA Society Poland members & candidates. Participants can be both a mentee and a mentor provided their professional experience allows.
The program offers three possible forms of participation:
- Senior mentor – an experienced professional whose jobs include key positions in financial companies and include a long-lasting career.
- Mentor – a CFA® charterholder, who wants to strengthen their personal branding through an active participation in the program and share their experience with a younger professional, or who also wants to be a mentee in relation to a Senior mentor.
- Mentee – a candidate in the CFA® Program. A Mentee can be also a CFA® charterholder, who is assigned their Senior Mentor.
Why is it worth it?
Mentorship is more than a dialogue. It is a space for sharing, where two personalities get to learn from each other through professional experience.
Why become a Mentor?
- Realisation of their self-worth and expert knowledge
- Joy of sharing their own opinion and experiences
- A strong network of CFA® charterholders to support the financial community
- Improvement of soft skills and transfer of knowledge
- Meeting other mentors who can share their take on good practice in mentorship
- Invaluable access to the knowledge of people with a well-established career
- Individual chance to improve leadership skills
- Better grasp of their strong and weak points
- Realising their professional goals based on the mentor-protégé relation
Rules for participation:
Mentor and mentee – they should meet at least once a month in order to better get to know and understand each other. Preferably sessions should be one-on-one due to the important of body language and authenticity of the relationship.
Setting goals – although the sessions are informal, they still touch upon professional issues, so they should also have strategic / long-term goals to achieve.
Continuity of communication – thanks to new technologies both mentors and mentees can access a variety of solutions which help strengthen face-to-face relationship.
Please note: one mentor can be assigned only by one mentee.
Mentoring program schedule:
September 2019 – recruiting mentors and mentees on the basis of their applications.
Late September / Early October 2019 – pairing mentors with mentees.
7 October – recruitment results & pair announcement.
11 October – official program launch during CFA Society Poland Annual Seminar.
October 2019 – June 2020 – start of mentoring sessions (6–7 meetings).
June 2020 – follow-up for mentors, program final and handing out certificates.
- Participation is qualified.
- The roles of Mentors and Mentees are dedicated to CFA Society Poland members & candidates only. Participation is free of charge.
- Senior mentor does not need to be a CFA charterholder, but has to profess a deep and vast knowledge of the industry and a well-established career.
- The pairing of mentors-mentees is done by the organiser, CFA Society Poland, based on the profile and experience.
- The frequency, time and duration of meetings are set by the mentoring pair, but CFA Society Poland recommends at least 6–7 meetings during the program.
- Once the program is finished, participants will receive certificates confirming their engagement.
- Details about the program can be found in the program terms and conditions.
To participate in the program, please complete your application below.
Please direct any questions to:
phone +48 798 068 139.