June CFA Program Exams
For the safety of our global community, CFA Institute has made the decision to postpone the June 2020 CFA Exam administration.
Knowing that candidates have spent hours studying and preparing for the June exam, we want to give you the opportunity to test as soon as possible. We are working with our partners around the world to determine when we can offer the exam to you.
Do not withdraw from the June 2020 exam; we will contact you via email with more information and options by early May.
Please be patient as we work to serve the hundreds of thousands of candidates who planned to sit for the June 2020 exam. This postponement is of an unprecedented scale and we are working to ensure that we have the capacity to manage the volume of registrations we need to process.
Find more information in the FAQs below.
March CIPM Exams
CFA Institute has not made changes to the CIPM exam administration for March 2020. For test center actions and updated closure information, read this special notice from Prometric regarding COVID-19. Note that Prometric has closed all North America test centers as of 18 March 2020. If your test center is closed, Prometric will contact you directly, and CFA Institute will defer your March 2020 exam to the September exam administration. You will be notified when your deferral is complete.
If you are experiencing symptoms or have been diagnosed with COVID-19, please do not appear at the testing location but contact CFA Institute to make alternate arrangements for your exam.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why is CFA Institute postponing the June 2020 CFA Exams?
A: Based on the continuing escalation of COVID-19, and with concern and care for our global community, CFA Institute has decided to postpone the June 2020 CFA Exam administration globally.
Q: How will you inform candidates of their options regarding this postponement?
A: We are informing them of the postponement by email on March 19, and we will tell them in that email that we will be back in touch with them by May 8 regarding options for transferring registration to one of two upcoming exam dates. We are working with our partners around the globe to define when those next two administrations can occur for each level; however, we anticipate offering every level in December 2020. As soon as dates are confirmed, we will reach out with more information so that candidates can select a preferred date.
Q: When do you expect you will know new exam dates?
A: We expect to communicate available exam dates by email no later than 8 May 2020.
Q: What will be the earliest possible date for the exams?
A: December 2020.
Q: Can I request a refund for my June 2020 registration?
A: CFA Institute is providing registered candidates a deferral to a future exam date. Because all candidates will be rescheduled, refunds are not being offered.
Q: Why is it taking CFA Institute so long to reschedule the exam?
A: CFA Institute offers test centers in 193 cities in 95 different countries. As of 12 March 2020, at the close of registration, we had more than 245,000 global candidates registered to take the exam in June 2020. Securing exam administration sites, ensuring continued access to study materials, and organizing grading for new dates requires intentional and careful planning. Although we do not have a precise date, we can guarantee that candidates will have an opportunity to take the exam before the end of the year, and we appreciate everyone’s patience in the meantime.
Q: How can I make sure I don’t miss a communication?
A: We will communicate with everyone through a variety of channels including email, social media, our website, and candidate resources portal. We encourage you to verify your email address on record by logging in to your CFA Candidate account and to follow our CFA Program social channels on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, WeChat and Weibo. We will also communicate directly with all Approved Prep Providers and local CFA Societies around the globe as details are available.